Two months ago, Unsui Yoga Studio closed and I was left wondering what to create in place of the classes I was teaching there. I wrote a post on Facebook capturing what I saw as a possibility.
Since this Facebook post, I have:
1. Created "One Love Yoga" as well as the purpose, mission, financial framework, business plan, and more;
2. Invited Sabrina, Frank and Machi into the project to now have 4 teachers who are integral to co-creating the group;
4. Purchased all Yoga equipment from Unsui;
5. Registered our group with the city of Fukuoka and reserved space in the Chuo and Momochi gyms;
6. Registered website domains and hosting, and created most of the website you are on now;
7. Created a unique logo and an outstanding vocabulary sheet;
8. Designed a flag;
9. Opened accounts on all social media platforms;
10. Last Sunday, I taught my first class at the Chuo Gym! It was fantastic!
Things are really moving. Our schedule to have the website complete and all classes scheduled is mid-October. Sabrina will start teaching 2 classes every Sunday on 11/11/18, and Frank and Machi around the same time, or in December. I am already teaching on Sundays and Mondays, and will add a meditation course and a vision boarding workshop this year or early next year.
None of this is possible without creating an idea that really inspires me, formulating a plan that makes sense, and then going out every day and taking the actions to make it real. It reminds me of a quote from Werner Erhard:
“It is important that you get clear for yourself that your only access to impacting life is action. The world does not care what you intend, how committed you are, how you feel or what you think, and certainly it has no interest in what you want and don’t want. Take a look at life as it is lived and see for yourself that the world only moves for you when you act.”